Idlewyld Manor Family Council Meeting Minutes – September, 2021

Idlewyld Manor Family Council Meeting

APPROVED MINUTES

Date: September 14, 2021 – 6:30 pm

Location:  Memorial Garden

 

PRESENT:  Cindy Allen, Mary Newman, Barb Vacon, Amanda Rogers, Ann Bennett, Anne Ross-Muschallik, Beth Hibbard, Bill Bota, Bob Hibbard, Bruce Hamilton, Clarke Miller, Elaine Armstrong, Ica Smith, Jack Graham, John Bouman, Margaret Cross, Margaret Figliola, Nan Uzbalis, Rose Linton, Vinzi Calder

 

  1. CALL TO ORDER:   6:33 PM

 

  1. ADOPTION OF AGENDA:

Motion moved by:  Nan

Seconded by: Clarke

Motion:  Carried

 

  1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:

Motion moved by:  John

Seconded by:  Elaine

Motion Carried

 

  1. CHAIR’S REMARKS:

4.1 Questions re; Board of Directors.  It was agreed the questions and answers would be sent with the meeting minutes.   Attached.

4.2 Bake Sale Fundraiser:  October 7, 2021 from 9:30 am – 3:30 pm or as long as quantities last.  The table will be located outside the front door.  A vote was taken and it was agreed 80% of the proceeds would be donated to a staff member to help with medical expenses and the remaining 20% would be retained by the Family Council.

The previous fund raiser held by the staff raised a total of $3264.00

  • Future Meetings will be held via Zoom

 

  1. ONGOING BUSINESS:

 

5.1 Terms of Reference:  A discussion was held and a vote taken.  Changes have been made to Points 6.1, 6.3, 8.2 and 10.1.  Amended document attached.

5.2 Elections were then held.  Nominations were submitted and accepted/declined.

The Family Council Executive remain as follows:

CHAIR:  Cindy Allen                                                                                                            VICE CHAIR / TREASURER:  Mary Newman                                                             SECRETARY:  Barb Vacon

 

  1. NEW BUSINESS: 
    • Fundraising ideas for Christmas – due to inclement weather this was not discussed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  1. GUEST SPEAKER:  Bahar Karimi, Administrator

Bahar was asked when the front door would be repaired.  She advised it was an ongoing issue and was being actively worked on.

It was suggested that Recreation activities should be suitable/available for all Residents with varying levels of interaction and more suited to their needs.  Bahar advised specific ideas would be welcome.

Bahar advised that more staff are needed to obtain a higher ratio of staff time and care.  This is currently the case in all Long-Term Care Facilities.

It was asked that the TVs be used to their fullest including a variety of programs and ensuring the TVs are on at all times.   All staff to be trained in operating the TVs.

It was always suggested that the Recreation staff be more encouraging when asking Residents to attend activities.   Don’t always take no for an answer.

 

  1. REPORTS:   Treasurer’s Report:

$65.85 cash and $760.15 in the bank; Total $826.00

 

  1. 50/50 DRAW:  N/A

 

  1. ROUND TABLE DISCUSSION:  N/A

 

  1. ADJOURNMENT:  The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 pm

Next meeting:

Date: Tuesday, October 12, 2021, 6:30 pm

Place:  Zoom meetings will continue until the Pandemic is over and we are

permitted to meet inside